Hair Loss Solutions: Causes & Treatments
Hair loss is a very frequent condition that affects most people at some time in their lives. Most people typically shed 50 to 100 hairs a day. This is usually not noticeable due to growing of new hair at the same time. Hair loss turns up when this cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted or when the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue. The main cause behind hair loss is Androgenic alopecia, or patterned hair loss, in this condition, hormones combined with a hereditary predisposition produce thinning hair and patterned baldness.
Some major causes that leads to hair loss are-
- Physical trauma like surgeries, burns, injuries, car accidents, severe illness can causes temporary hair loss.
- Biological conditions like pregnancy in women can increase physical stress which may lead to hair loss.
- Overuse of supplements containing vitamin A can trigger hair loss.
- According to American Academy of Dermatology lack of protein in your diet which in turn shut down the hair growth.
- Hereditary and genetic reasons can determine hair loss.
- Using birth control pills can accelerate female pattern hair loss.
- Acute emotional stresses are one of the reasons behind early hair loss.
- Excess styling and hair treatments over the years can cause your hair to fall out. Examples of extreme styling include tight braids, hair weaves or corn rows as well as chemical relaxers to straighten your hair, hot-oil treatments or any kind of harsh chemical or high heat etc.
- Iron deficiency and lack of blood can causes hair loss at a certain stage.
10. Radiation therapies like Chemotherapy and many x rays might lead to hair loss.
There are many treatments that can work against the effects of hair loss. One technique is widely recognized and considered is hair implants or hair transplantation. The appearance and quality, attained by the process, is beyond imagination. Follicular unit extraction or FUE is a modern hair transplant method that is very popular now days. In Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair follicles are extracted from the back of your head and then placed on the balding spots. This is a permanent solution for hair loss problem and generally lasts the entire life.
The prime advantages of hair transplantation are-
- You get satisfactory results in a short time.
- The patient feels no pain in the procedure without any infections.
- The procedure leaves no linear scars on your head. Farther you won’t need any stitches after the transplant has been completed.
- It gives natural looking results and people won’t be able to recognize that you have done hair transplantation.
- It is very simple medical t procedure that needs less than a day.
- The patient can simply go home on the same day.
- Donor area from where the hair is usually removed looks unaffected and untouched in this treatment